Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Mighty Boosh





I believe I have already unmasked myself as a Mighty Boosh fan, but who can resist the delightful imagery and scope of imagination these boys bring to us.

On the 18th of September Canongate are publishing the Mighty Book of Boosh. Now we get to see the work of Graphic designer Dave Brown (who plays Bollo) who art directed, designed and shot most of the book. It is widely known that Noel draws all the characters that they dream up and designs costumes for them, and here we get to see up close all the intricacise of these dynamic characters. Its a real insight in the minds of these very creative and talernted group of people. Apparently there are numerous graphic design devices that Brown has designed to capture the essence of Boosh jokes in print. There are even two books inside this book. One of Vince's childhood upbringing in the Jungle and another of Howard's Jazz memories. Brown looks like he has done a great job. The Mighty Boosh book was always going to be good, but I think he's really pushed the boundaries.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Big Fan of the mighty Boosh, didn't even realize this was out. The illustrations and spaced out, mad look of the book match the Mighty Boosh feel/theme spot on. Love it nice one

em.design said...

I had no idea there was a book either, the illustrations look great - and I totally agree with Adam, I think they suit the ethos of the Mighty Boosh completely. Really good find...I think I am going to have to buy one!