Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Katy Crebbin




Katy Crebbin is a fellow Manx graphic artist. I recently found some cards by her in a local shop and was impressed by her style. I really enjoy her colourful montages that feature a delightful mix of nostalgia, retro funk and modern influences. She successfully mixes a wide range of different photographed materials and textures, found images, cutouts and photographs, details of which are then painstakingly cut-out. Crebbin is a graduate of Central St. Martins where she studied Fine Art. She now lives in the North East of England and successfully exhibits her work in galleries. I admire the fact that despite being an exhibiting graphic artist Crebbin has utilised the craft aspect of her work to sell and ultimately further market her work. To see more visit www.katycrebbin.com


1 comment:

em.design said...

I love the complexity of layers that this artist uses in order to create depth and visual interest, I hope to find some of her cards soon as I am a big fan of her work. Where abouts did you see her cards for sale?