Friday, August 22, 2008

Toward 2012


Please do not be put off by the slightly obscure references to the end of the world in this short film/animation. This is a Post Modern Times presentation. Post Modern Times is a group that focuses on creating short animations mixed with video interviews with people on progressive modern social threory. This particular short clip shows Daniel Pinchback talking on his thesis that on 2012 the world will undergo an apocolypse. However it is not his ideas that particularly interseted me but rather the interesting mix of animation and real video. I enjoyed the way the 3D mixed well with 2D. I also liked the speeded up old footage. The bombs and smoke images although a little cliche were still affective. I especially liked the moving of the cogs and how this became a flowing motif throughout the clip. Any other Leeds designers reading this will like the use of the Golden Ratio or Phi I am sure. I think I find this clip so inspirational because its an informative clip, that keeps the viewer visually engaged in a unique, upbeat and interesting way while exploring some quite deep and complex ideas.

No comments: